“The mission of Trucking Moves America Forward is to establish a long-term industry-wide movement to create a positive image for the industry, to ensure that policymakers and the public understand the importance of the trucking industry to the nation’s economy, and to build the political and grassroots support necessary to strengthen and grow the industry in the future.”
What Does this Mean?
It means the trucking industry seeks and needs our support with legislation, infrastructure initiatives, and industry reform. The trucking industry, which is vital to the American way of life, wants to present a new image. The leaders in the field are working at improving driver conditions, safety programs, and efficiency. Ergonomic cabs, wellness programs for drivers, work schedules allowing drivers to work to live not live to work have begun. In-house training, the use of modern technology, and alternate fuels are now part of the industry—and the industry wants everyone to know it. Trucking is woefully short of drivers and technicians partially due to image; those of hardscrabble drivers racing to beat deadlines with little sleep and lots of caffeine; an image that may have been romanticized but if it ever was true it’s no longer valid. If you know a good person who needs a career—trucking is back and better than ever.
[separator top=”10″ style=”none”]
Why Should this be Important to you?
In our 2012 post Life in America Without Trucking we shared the following:
What would happen if the trucking industry suddenly disappeared from our lives?
- Groceries, fuel, medical supplies, garbage removal, and clean water would all soon become scarce.
- In a week or two, garbage and waste would become more than a nuisance and an eyesore. It would become a potential health hazard.
- Grocers would run out of perishables in two or three days.
- Banks would run short of cash and ATM’s would be out of money in as little as a day.
- Hospitals and pharmacies would begin running out of medications. For example, some would be out of oxygen in only a day or two.
- The clean water supply would quickly be disrupted as vital cargo would not be shipped to water purification plants.
- Most gas stations would be out of fuel in less than a week, and some, in a day.
Trucking Moves America Forward is moving in the right direction. What is good for trucking is good for all of us in the good ole US of A. And if that’s the case, shouldn’t we all join the movement? Sign up here to stay informed and connected to TMAF. Let’s all help keep this moving forward.