Last week, I asked a few friends, “What does Thanksgiving mean to you? What are you thankful for?” The answers, listed below, included racing, mom’s food, family, friends, football, time off, and giving back.
What Thanksgiving means to a few friends
- So thankful all my family is healthy. It sure is a great feeling.
- Thankful I still have my cat Garfield (he is showing his age) & my health is still improving.
- I’m blessed in so many ways…great family, awesome friends like u, great home, job, etc. Just loving life right now!
- Mom’s noodles
- Turkey Night for the midgets. Seeing friends from near and far for many.
- A day to be spent with family and friends celebrating living in America and rejoicing about everything we have to be thankful for. Sometimes when things are really tough, we forgot how much we still have!
- Being with family and being thankful for all the good things in life. Also football.
- Taking a much-needed break away from life’s hustle bustle to spend quality time with immediate family, and see more distant family that you don’t see as often as you would like. Eat good food, tell and hear life stories from all and of course “Let’s Get Ready for some Football”…on turkey day.
- Turkey, family, football, and I believe, for those who are able, the best way to give thanks is to give back. It was our tradition for many years to serve meals on Thanksgiving, and we always got more than we gave.
- Giving thanks for all that we are blessed with before the season of greed.
- Food-induced naps. Football in the yard. Euchre. Wine. More naps.
- The Internet
What does Thanksgiving mean to you?
Share a comment and let us know what you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving. Is it family and friends, food, fun, and football? What blessings are you most appreciative of? We wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.