Installing vehicle graphics on any vehicle, whether it’s a full wrap or cut decals, adds to its appearance. It’s something to be proud of. Following a few maintenance basics will keep the graphics looking new for years to come.
Keep it Clean Checklist
The best thing anyone can do to keep adhesive vinyl vehicle graphics looking bright and new is to keep it clean. Road contaminants, solvents, and dirt can damage the surface of any vehicle, paint or graphics. It’s important to remove these particles soon and often. Don’t allow harsh chemicals like road salt to build up and attack the surface of your vehicle. Wash bird droppings, tree sap, and other stains as soon as possible. The number one key to keeping your new vehicle graphic looking new is to keep it clean.
- Wash frequently, don’t let dirt and road debris build up and potentially damage the vinyl.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or cloths. For stubborn stains, such as bird droppings, try citrus-based cleaners or isopropyl alcohol
- Stay away from automated brush car washes.
- Hand washing is preferred but power washers less than 2000 PSI with the nozzle set at a wide angle spray pattern may be used.
- Immediately rinse off fuel spills.
- Use high-quality waxes and never use an abrasive polish.
- Whenever possible store the vehicle inside or cover it.
Show your Pride
Vehicle graphics don’t take care of themselves, but they don’t need a lot of attention. Showing pride in the vehicle by keeping it clean is a big part of the formula for long lasting and pristine looking vehicle graphics. If you’d like to learn more about proper care and maintenance of adhesive vehicle graphics we recommend 3M Caring for Your Vehicle. If you have any questions about caring for your specific vehicle, contact us. We’ll share the dirt on keeping your vehicle clean.