Inconsistent fleet graphics hurt your brand. When your fleet vehicles don’t tell the same story, you lose an opportunity to connect. And it can be worse. You can lose your brand identity, get lost in the crowd, and be seen as less than professional.
How Inconsistent Fleet Graphics Hurt Your Brand – Where it Starts
There are three primary reasons fleets lose brand unity.
The brand was updated, but not the fleet vehicles
In this case, your fleet vehicles may share a consistent brand with each other, but it’s outdated. Your fleet vehicles should be fitted with the same branding consistency as all your other branded materials. Your fleet should match your website, social media, and signage. When anyone looks at your fleet, they should immediately associate it with your brand. They shouldn’t have to guess.
Different types of vehicles aren’t brand coordinated
While you can’t share the same exact vehicle graphic design on a Ford F150 that you have on a 53-foot tractor-trailer, you can make them recognizable as a unified brand using the same elements. Sharing branded corporate colors, fonts, taglines, and logos is a good start. Every vehicle graphic design doesn’t have to be exactly the same to share the brand. Often these different types of vehicles can’t be the same. However, they can share consistent elements of your brand.
Graphic design from different times, places, and designers
A common mistake is when a company creates a new brand design for incoming vehicles, which doesn’t match the existing brand. New vehicles don’t always have to use the same design as older vehicles, but they do have to match the brand. And older vehicles don’t have to be rebranded to match the new ones if branded elements are used consistently on both.
From the Experts
International manufacturer of adhesive vinyl graphics, 3M says.
“Your graphics should help tell your brand’s story and reflect your brands’ identity. Keep your graphics on message with branding consistently applied across your fleet. Even if there are variations in design, it is important to stay on brand and communicate the same overarching story. When wrapping your fleet, use consistent themes, colors, and/or images to create comparable appearances. This helps increase brand recognition and provides more impactful reinforcement to your audience.” — Tips to maximize your wrap’s impact
How Inconsistent Fleet Graphics Hurt Your Brand – Why it Harms Your Business
How bad can the fallout from inconsistent fleet branding really be? The answer is that inconsistent fleet graphics can cost your business and hurt your reputation. Here are seven examples of how inconsistent fleet graphics hurt your brand.
- They don’t attract your target audience because they don’t tell the same story.
- Inconsistent fleet graphics don’t capitalize on grabbing attention by repetition.
- They can compromise brand loyalty. When customers see several versions of your brand, it reduces your brands impact.
- Fleet graphics that are all across the board take away from the perceived professionalism of your organization.
- Inconsistent fleet graphics can make your company look like it doesn’t care, leading to consumers questioning what else you don’t care about – product, delivery, or even customer service.
- When your fleet vehicles don’t match your brand or each other, it can lead to consumer perception of low quality.
- Inconsistent fleet graphics erode trust. Studies show that people trust recognizable brands more than new or unfamiliar brands. If you want to raise your brand recognition, you need to be seen. Advertising, posting on social media, signs, and consistent fleet graphics help build your brand’s trustworthy image.
Inconsistent Fleet Graphics Hurt Your Brand Multiple Ways
Inconsistent fleet graphics hurt your brand in many ways. They distract from your professionalism, trust-building, and perceived quality of your product and service. Fleet graphics that aren’t on the same page not only don’t build on your brand recognition, they erode it. Inconsistent fleet graphics may not grab attention, attract your target audience, or help in building brand loyalty.
So, is it time to take a hard look at your fleet graphics? Do they share a consistent message and build on your brand?
Use Your Commercial Vehicles to Advertise Your Business!
Are you looking for an effective and affordable way to create brand awareness, build credibility, and get your marketing message seen by thousands of potential customers every day? Vehicle graphics and wraps are your answer to getting your business name out there at an affordable price.
Let us help you create professional vehicle graphics that will promote your business and drive your brand for years to come.
Drive Your Brand by contacting TKO Graphix at 888-544-8051 or Contact Us online.
If you enjoyed his post, you might also appreciate 10 Steps to Building a Business Brand.