When are vehicle graphics a bad idea? It may seem funny for a vehicle graphics provider to publish a post about when not to put graphics on cars and trucks. However, we’re in business for the long haul. We want to build relationships with customers. We’re not interested in one and done. And if vehicle graphics aren’t right for you, we have TKO Signs and TKO Marketing Solutions. We have plenty to talk about.
When to forget the vehicle graphics
- If your vehicles carry extremely valuable merchandise. If you’re transporting gold, jewelry, or cash, you may want to be careful about how much you divulge. I asked a jeweler about this once when he was adding graphics to his van. He said it’s a fine line. “I like the advertising opportunities, but I don’t want to make it easy for the bad guys. We empty our van every night, and it’s always parked inside.”
- You have no advertising budget. If you have any advertising budget, then one of the first places to spend it should be on fleet graphics. Read this, Why haven’t you wrapped your company vehicles? However, if you have no budget and it might put you in a financial bind then maybe you should wait and save. In the long run vehicle graphics pay for themselves.
- Your vehicles are in poor condition. You cannot hide damage with adhesive vinyl graphics. It will create problems. Can graphics be applied over body damage?
- Your drivers have bad habits. If your drivers are discourteous drivers, if they rant and rave at other drivers, and if they park your company car where it shouldn’t be parked, then you have two choices. Don’t install vehicle graphics or train your drivers. Don’t let one bad driver destroy your image.
- You don’t need any more business. If you’re already over your head and can’t keep up with the orders and customers you have then why would you invest in any advertising?
- If your lease is close to being up. Should I wrap my short term leased vehicle?
When to just say no to Vehicle Graphics
Is there a time to say no to fleet graphics? Yes there is, but it’s far and few between. For most organizations, vehicle graphics are an outstanding way to brand your company, advertise your product, and show your professionalism. If you’d like to talk about whether you need graphics let us know.
If you want to learn more about the do’s and don’t’s of fleet graphics here’s a FREE downloadable guide – The Fleet Manager’s Guide to Vehicle Graphics