This video is simple, yet moving. It’s a compilation of TKO Graphix team members honoring cancer survivors and remembering loved ones they have lost.
It would be hard to find anyone who hasn’t been touched by cancer. Most of us have experienced the horror of learning someone we care about has been stricken by the disease. Many are privileged to watch their family and friends survive, just as many aren’t as lucky.
The statistics show that most people will be touched by cancer in their lifetime.
The Burden of Cancer in the United States
- In 2016, an estimated 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 595,690 people will die from the disease.
- The most common cancers in 2016 are projected to be breast cancer, lung and bronchus cancer, prostate cancer, colon and rectum cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma of the skin, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, thyroid cancer, kidney and renal pelvis cancer, leukemia, endometrial cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
- The number of people living beyond a cancer diagnosis reached nearly 14.5 million in 2014 and is expected to rise to almost 19 million by 2024.
- Approximately 39.6 percent of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2010-2012 data).
- In 2014, an estimated 15,780 children and adolescents ages 0 to 19 were diagnosed with cancer and 1,960 died of the disease.
- National expenditures for cancer care in the United States totaled nearly $125 billion in 2010 and could reach $156 billion in 2020.Statistics from — NIH (National Cancer Institute)
You Can Help
Cancer isn’t it picky, it touches all of us. Age, sex, and race doesn’t matter. Cancer is indiscriminate.
If you believe finding a cure to this dreadful disease is important you can help TKO help the American Cancer Society. Go to TKO Graphix Real Men Wear Pink .